1. Win the turnover battle. This can be said for every team and every game, but the Ticats have been better of late.
2. Stop Roid-Boy Harris. This goes without saying, but he was shut down last week and TOR lost, so...
3. Hit MBT in the mouth. Repeatedly and with extreme prejudice.
4. Actually try to use a run game that doesn't rely on Shiltz. Maybe open some running lanes for Jackson/whoever.
5. People have been saying it all along, but there really doesn't seem to be any quick-hitters or slants in this Offence. Unless, of course, those receivers are simply incapable of getting open anywhere. Considering that most Defences employ that 7-12-yard zone, a ball-control Offence might be a good plan.
6. MUCH better ST coverage. Last week Domagala (who had a good day punting the ball) had to make THREE tackles. That's not acceptable.
7. As much as this may seem like a "home" game at BMO, I still say to take the points when offered, ie: a FG rather than a 3rd-down gamble.
Post by onemoredork on Aug 4, 2022 13:28:27 GMT -5
Defense: Biggest test against the run for awhile, maybe all season. Statistically HAM is middle of the pack vs the rush. Middle of the pack overall (but upper tier in passing yards against.) Absolutely zero excuse for getting beat straight up by TORs offense. (unless its 1:10 left in a tie game and TOR has ball at midfield.)